Tim creates customized legal solutions for innovative commercial and nonprofit enterprises as well as individuals, drawing from his extensive background as a trial lawyer, trusted advisor, and intellectual property specialist.
Outside General Counsel
Tim functions as general counsel, or additional in-house counsel, for established organizations that can unlock growth potential while minimizing risk by incorporating a veteran legal strategist into daily business operations in real time. In this role, Tim oversees significant transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, develops compliance processes, leads negotiations on critical deals and disputes, and participates in high-level strategy meetings and decision-making.
Tim maintains a robust trial practice after spending the first decade of his career focused on representing large corporate clients in multimillion-dollar disputes in federal and state courts around the country. Tim’s diverse trial experience includes both plaintiff- and defense-side patent and trademark litigation, general commercial disputes, and class action cases.
Tim offers turnkey services to serve clients through every stage of the intellectual property life cycle, including initial ideation, search and clearance, rights procurement (patent and trademark prosecution, federal copyright registration), infringement monitoring, enforcement and defense, licensing, and portfolio maintenance.
Education, Certifications & Memberships
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- University of Minnesota Law School – J.D.
- Order of the Coif
- Magna Cum Laude
- Minnesota Law Review
- University of Notre Dame, B.A.
- Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath – Partner
- Faegre Baker Daniels – Associate, Partner
- Faegre & Benson – Associate
- Federal Bar Association – Minnesota Chapter
- Immigration Court