SomSull advises clients on their most challenging issues relating to state, federal, and local employment laws. Our attorneys are experienced in employment litigation before state and federal courts and administrative agencies. We conduct sensitive and complex corporate and workplace internal investigations.
Counseling and Compliance
We regularly advise clients in connection with the ever-increasing legal and regulatory framework affecting the employment relationship, including:
- Discrimination and harassment
- Whistleblowing and retaliation
- Wage and hour
- Trade secrets and non-competition
- Accommodations and leave
Our employment team regularly conducts investigations of complex and sensitive workplace matters, including systemic and cultural issues, employee complaints, and whistleblowing and retaliation concerns.
SomSull has successfully defended employers against all manner of employment claims. We partner with clients to define their objectives and work to achieve them in a strategic and effective manner. We have defended lawsuits involving the full panoply of employment claims, including discrimination, sexual harassment, class and collective actions, cases involving Title VII, Title IX, the Equal Pay Act, wage and hour laws, leave statutes, retaliation, whistleblowing, and others. Representative experience includes:
- Securing seven-figure judgment against former employee in civil lawsuit stemming from employee embezzlement.
- Obtaining summary judgment, upheld by federal circuit court, on employee claims of disability discrimination, whistleblowing, and retaliation.
- Prevailing at summary judgment and obtaining order for sanctions and attorneys’ fees in race discrimination lawsuit.
- Obtaining summary judgment, upheld on appeal, in sexual harassment lawsuit against nonprofit employer.