With over a decade of litigation experience with Am-Law 100 Firms, Nina brings extensive knowledge and efficient, thorough service to a wide range of matters including high-stakes litigation and investigations. Her business background and savviness for innovation and technology provides clients of SomSull with approachable and practical solutions.
Nina brings robust legal research and writing experience to the SomSull team and is well versed in fact-finding and navigating the evolving world of e-discovery. She has managed the litigation needs of a wide variety of cases before state and federal courts, administrative agencies, and arbitrators, and has worked on investigations related to:
- Claims of discrimination under Title VII, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and various state anti-discrimination statutes
- Claims arising under Title IX and related education laws
- Class and collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Claims regarding trade secrets and non-compete violations
- Patent and trademark litigation
Nina has deep experience in and a strong passion for investigation work. She has led and supported compliance investigations in the Title IX space and elsewhere. Nina is adept at witness-interviewing, fact-gathering, and distilling complex situations.
Outside General Counsel & Support
Nina offers clients practical solutions for organizing and streamlining various processes from forming and maintaining entities to drafting, analyzing and improving contracts and policies.
Education, Certifications & Memberships
- Hamline University, ABA Approved Paralegal Certificate
- University of St. Thomas, B.A. – Legal Studies in Business, Spanish
- Conducting Fair, Thorough, and Trauma-Informed Sexual Violence Investigations (February 8-9, 2023)
- Title IX Investigator Annual Training (August 8, 2023)
- Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath – Senior Paralegal, Employment Litigation
- Faegre Baker Daniels – Paralegal, Employment Litigation
- Dorsey & Whitney – Paralegal, Civil Litigation
- Guided immigrants escaping Honduran gang violence and human rights violations committed by Chinese state authorities through the asylum process.
- Supported under-represented community members in obtaining Orders for Protection related to domestic violence.
- Minnesota Paralegal Association
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations
- Women in e-Discovery